Gifts for the Young Dubliners

I had a great commission come through that I can finally share: a pair of flasks for Keith and Brendan of the Young Dubliners! Being a fan of this band, I was excited to make these for them. :shamrock:

28 Likes

I have no idea who that is, but those are awesome!

4 Likes

I do know who that is, and those are awesome! :smiley:

3 Likes

Have fun!

5 Likes

That appears to be false advertising… They do not appear to be young. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Beautifully executed!

1 Like

LOL
They do not yet look like this:

3 Likes

You got a little irish in ya? I was just listening to the Mollys. :smiley:

4 Likes

Flogging Molly

4 Likes

I lean a little more to the pipes…

6 Likes

LOL! I’m learning those (still in the chanter stage though). I may have to get a Blair Digital pipe so my wife stops giving me that look :slight_smile:

(As the t-shirt says, “it’s only 9 notes, how hard can it be” :joy:)

7 Likes

I don’t have the lung power, but man, it gets my blood stirring…

That happens to me when I see lady pipers…my mind goes to what a true scotsman wears under his kilt and wanders off wondering what a real scotswoman wears :smiling_imp: :crazy_face:

Seriously, it was the fingering that has been hardest so far - I kept (keep) curling my fingers trying to close off the holes using my fingertips instead of keeping my fingers flat. And I never played anything like a clarinet or something that used fingertip control.

3 Likes

I had the same problem when I first started playing bass guitar…wanted to use my fingertips instead of barring with my fingers.

My Daddy was a jazz musician, and blew a Selmer tenor.
It must be in the blood, because if he had lived - a Sax would be my bone. That sound grabs me. That guy on Saturday Night Live? One of the best there is.

4 Likes

we had a sax player sitting in on our last gig, Seth Kibel. he was amazing. a pro’s pro. and he so reminded me of the guy on SNL at times.

2 Likes

He is good.

1 Like

Those flasks came out really great!

3 Likes

Very professional! They will really appreciate these for a very long time.

1 Like