Gingerbread 2021!

Hey y’all!

Long time no “see”! I’ve gotten completely snowed under with work, a new teenaged driver’s permit holder in my household, and gingerbread, but I wanted to share this year’s creation with you all. This year, the name of the game was isomalt, which is a sugar substitute that you boil down until it’s clear, and then you can pour it into molds (trees), pull it into shapes (flames in the fire pit), or blow bubbles (lamppost)! I still have a few finishing touches to add, but since I just got done with the bulk of it, I thought I would post to see what you guys think! I could not have done it without my Glowforge. The lamppost is two very thin cuts with an engraved channel in between to run the light. It’s definitely something I couldn’t have done without my laser, and I still love it!

68 Likes

I was just thinking about you earlier this week and wondering if you were making your wonderful gingerbread house this year. Thank you for posting. It is, as usual, a fabulous work of art. Love the lights shining through the trees and windows.

Congrats on the new driver in your house.

13 Likes

I. vant. to. bite. de. isomalt. :vampire:
(Great job, as usual.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

15 Likes

Thanks, I think! I have newly arrived car magnets that say “Student driver… Be afraid, be very afraid” I at least need to warn other folks on the road to be as scared as I am when she’s driving :smiley:

Thanks Jules! I wouldn’t recommend biting the isomalt, it’s even harder than the gingerbread ha ha. Glad you like it!

9 Likes

We’ve missed you!
Love this year’s gingerbread house especially like the lantern. The lighting makes it extra special. :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Thanks!! The lantern is my favorite part too, I was so happy when I realized it would actually work :smiley:

5 Likes

Simply jaw dropping.

6 Likes

Squee! I adore the fire :fire: - and the stained glass rose window is beautiful! Is it also isomalt that is making the ivy growing up the chimneys, or is that something else?

Congrats on having a new errand runner/ chauffeur in the household!

8 Likes

Thanks! Yes the ivy is also isomalt, every leaf made and stuck on. Mainly to hide the side edge of the chimneys since I couldn’t get my brick stencil (that I also cut on my glowforge) to stick to for painting.

8 Likes

Incredible job, and nice to hear from you again!

8 Likes

Very nice thanks for sharing.

Keep Creating

5 Likes

Gosh, now I want to play with isomalt.

Your creations just keep getting more stunning all the time!

9 Likes

This looks amazing but that fire is really awesome. Another great creation!

7 Likes

This beats any gingerbread house I’ve ever made

6 Likes

Isomalt? Is this the stuff they use on the Great British Baking Show to make sugar domes?

I love your gingerbread house!

5 Likes

Most likely! You can do it with regular sugar, but isomalt holds up better to humidity (supposedly… Guess I’ll find out)

5 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful! Great job!

6 Likes

Great to see you here again! What a marvelous project. You’re so good at this.

5 Likes

This is beautiful!

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about my gingerbread project! I JUST finished it, I am so done with it. But we decided it needed some whimsy, so I added a snowman made entirely out of isomalt! He’s a little out of scale, but pretty cute, so I stuck him on the board. That’s it until next year!

16 Likes