Give that wiggly GF tray the boot!

NOTE Jan. 2022: Rev 3 now available for newer model machines (see below).

What are these, incredibly realistic keychain fobs? Earrings for a Texan ball? Props for a spaghetti western dollhouse? None of those things, my friend!

They are stabilizing boots for your 'Forge! Resting on the bottom of your machine and out of the way of any moving parts, these little guys keep your tray from moving even a fraction of a kerf. Seriously, it’ll be solid as a rock.

Now you’ll be one step closer to consistent-placement bliss! You can rely on an absolute position for that ruler you have taped along your tray’s edge. You can fiddle with fasteners or slide material through your pro unit’s passthrough without nudging the tray out of place. It’s great!

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Download the svg:
    the_boot_tray_stabilizer_v3b.svg.zip (18.8 KB) for newer machines
    the_boot_tray_stabilizer_v2.svg.zip (18.7 KB)

2. Insert a 1/4" thick sheet (draftboard recommended) and upload the svg.

3. Set the intricate inner designs to “score” at 125/3, leave the glorious outline as “cut”, and ignite the fiery beam!

4. Power down your Forge and remove the tray.

5. Insert the boots as shown:

6. Replace the tray, placing it towards the back of the machine (out of its grooves) and then sliding it forward into the space between the boots.

7. Snug the tray firmly into its final position. The wiggle is gone!

Revisions:

• v2 (18-08-23)
    – smaller toe to ensure tray sinks completely into grooves, now has same depth tolerances with or without the boots (at least on my machine)
    – secret snakeskin layer (shh!)
  • v3 beta (22-01-23) from @evermorian
    – adjusted tolerances, changed date
145 Likes

Great solution but I just have to ask, do you sell stuff on after midnight infomercials?

28 Likes

“But wait, that’s not all!”

21 Likes

“and if you call right now, we’ll double the offer”

15 Likes

Yay! Those are adorable! I was expecting a little “L” not such classy little Texas shift-kickers. :smile:

16 Likes

How did you know?

9 Likes

The funny thing is you can barely see them once installed…

6 Likes

Done!

6 Likes

:rofl::joy::sweat_smile: MY quiet, introverted little brother?!?!?

(Okay, he’s not nearly as little now as when I used to strap him on my back to go out and play with my Japanese friends with their strapped-on little siblings…)

12 Likes

I DO write lots of dry technical documentation in my day job, so it’s nice to pull out a few stops when I can…

12 Likes

You know, I can’t speak for @timjedwards, but based on my own sibling, when I see someone acting strangely (such as thinking they’re in a commercial), I usually blame the sister for some prior torment. But, that’s just me.

15 Likes

Not saying any numbers, but she’s enough older that she was more a second mom than a tormentor. Two older brothers took care of that!

11 Likes

I want you to know I was planning on re printing the Dymaxion Globe tonight, but decided to print these first. (You guys are a bad influence.) :smile:

6 Likes

See @markevans36301, marketing!

4 Likes

Heh. Dad left for his year in Vietnam when @timjedwards was like 2 days old, and Mom was pretty overwhelmed with single-parenting the 4 of us. I was the oldest, and at almost nine, already a pretty experienced diaperer and surrogate mother, so I kinda just took him over (he was 'WAY better than any of my dolls!). We lived in Japan at the time, and it was pretty common for the older girls to run around with younger siblings strapped to their backs while their parents did all the stuff that Japanese farming village people do, so I did the same. Mom was Mom at feeding time, but the rest of the time he was my own little Real Live Baby Doll!

So I’m probably at least half responsible for any parenting errors he endured…but I gotta say, he’s one of the most well-balanced people I’ve ever known, so I don’t think Mom and I did too badly. :wink:

25 Likes

Wider social circles recommended… :wink:

13 Likes

Hey, I’m a licensed and board certified psychiatric professional!

…wait…

Yeah, point taken. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

bahahaha love everything about this post

10 Likes

Free laser designs, psychoanalysis, and family lore! What’s not to love? :grin:

18 Likes

Oh Bravo! That tray ain’t goin’ anywhere! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
(Slightly snug fit on mine, but an emory board took care of it.)

@geek2nurse, you did a good job raising baby bro. :wink:

5 Likes