Giving Thanks to you all and maybe adding a little inspiration to your day

So the recent ‘vent’ post that I read yesterday had my mind in an uproar and I wanted to offset the negativity with some of the wonderful things I’ve been able to make with my Glowforge and as a way to say thanks and to hopefully inspire. I have had my machine since its crowdfunding days and I can’t even list off the number of ways I’ve used this awesome machine. I’ve already ‘warned’ my husband that when it finally bites the dust, we are getting another one. :wink:

Anyway, I want to share a few things I’ve done. Maybe it’ll inspire a few of you, maybe it’ll sway some opinions, maybe it’ll inform… My skills at photography leave much to be desired but I think you’ll get the general idea of most of these pieces. :wink:

A doll sized Masquerade mask:

(first attempt at leather)

An acrylic pour piece with Vintage image cutouts:

(acrylic, watercolor paper)

A christmas garland:

(made of Premium noun images, a Kirkland Applesauce box, hot glue, and copper wire)

A draft of a wedding place card insert I designed:

(watercolor paper)

Vintage girl on Yupotype paper:

*the 'white of the girl is actually sunlight shining through from the back
(image engraved onto yupotype paper, alcohol inks)

Personal design engraved onto Crepe Myrtle bark:

Easiest aquarium to take care of EVER!:

(watercolor paper, hot glue, foam spacers,)

Goldfish:

(watercolor paper, personal design of goldfish)

Anyway, those are just a few of the things I’ve created. I’ve even used this machine to help me teach art to Elementary and Middle School kids. For that reason alone, it’s been worth the price. :wink: So thank you Glowforge and the people who support us and our issues, and the ones who help with advice and suggestions, and the ones who inspire and encourage.

Happy giving thanks holiday everyone! <3

38 Likes

So many wonderful projects.

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! If a person is not inspired by the goldfish and aquarium, they are beyond hope. Thanks for sharing these beautiful projects.

6 Likes

You have made some wonderful things there, happy thanksgiving

3 Likes

Thanks for giving thanks and thanks for being an uplifting presence here - much appreciated! Love your artistry - thank you for showing us.

3 Likes

Very nice art! I especially like the aquarium. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Your paper sculpture is breathtaking!

3 Likes

Thanks. It was fun to design too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

The aquarium is beautiful! Great to see all your work!

2 Likes

So many wonderful creations. I enjoyed seeing them all. I also enjoyed readying about how much fun (joy) you found making things with your Glowforge. I’ve have a Glowforge since 2017 and I still feel that way when I lift the lid. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Beautiful! I love the design details in the goldfish.

1 Like