Glad I waited for my GF

Initially I was going to do this with a jigsaw! Can you imagine? ??

So many of you are much more creative than me, the details of your projects are amazing! But, just getting started on my GF and I thought this was a great way to create something for the house that looks true to the style of architecture to our home. It makes such a difference with the look of the stairs!

106 Likes

Great detail, really adds.

4 Likes

What a great project! It’s so cool that you could customize it to your home’s style. Side note: it might be a bear to dust though.:laughing:

5 Likes

Well done. You will find so many more ways to use your Glowforge rather than your jigsaw. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

What is this evil ritual of which you speak??

17 Likes

Very elegant!

4 Likes

That makes the stairs look so elegant. You had a great idea. Beautiful!

5 Likes

I love this!

3 Likes

Really nice! Did your stairs already have the side and top bracket things, or did you print them too? Really like the way it looks!

3 Likes

Amazing. Those are beautiful, and a use case I honestly hadn’t thought of before. Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Looks awesome!

1 Like

Thanks! We just printed the scrolls. Rest was in place.

1 Like

If your experience is anything like mine you will use your jigsaw less and less.

2 Likes

Added such an elegant touch! Great job :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Perfect for the location! The stairs must have looked unfinished without them, A jigsaw is fine when such perfection is unnecessary but so many times a millimeter off screams at you every time you look. When 80% of the scrap is empty space the jigsaw is great for saving the larger bits and dumping the rest.

1 Like

Beautiful job!

2 Likes

NICE! Looks great. Been wanting to do something like this for the corners on the porch.

1 Like

SUCH a great idea. Wonderful execution!!!

2 Likes

What a great use of the GF!

1 Like

Great project. And it’s the careful little details like that that really add value to your property. Now I’m off to steal your idea and do a couple of upgrades here. :wink:

1 Like