Glitch?

Has anyone else run into this? Hi, I don’t know what exactly is the problem, but sometimes my glowforge decides it hates me and wants to go crazy for no reason whatsoever. It’s done this a few different times and there’s no rhyme or reason behind it. This is a cutting board that is about .75” thick. So I took the tray out and used something to make the cutting board be the correct height. It was sitting at .45”. It started out just fine, then about a half inch into the design, it decided to randomly start going at an angle. Then almost like a wedge, it started going at a more dramatic angle a little further in. I don’t understand how this is even happening. This is probably the 4th time something similar has happened. It’s not exact and I can’t duplicate the problem. But I never know when it’s going to happen. Just really frustrating that I’m just ruining these pieces. Am I doing something wrong?? I reached out to support and their answer wasn’t helpful. I’m wondering if any of you have experienced this.

My guess is the air assist duct is hitting the work and moving it.
With the piece positioned for engraving, the machine off, and the front door open, look under the gantry and slowly pull the gantry forward and gently move the head over above the work to see if the fan duct is indeed clearing the board.

7 Likes

Ugh… You’re right. I double checked and knew it was in the correct range. Ugh…

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @PrintToLaser, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like