Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion Character Dashboard

I just recently bought a Glowforge and have been printing items others have made. I hadn’t designed my own items in the past so I was a bit hesitant. I own hundreds of board games and have bought laser cut organizers from companies for several of them. On Sunday I was at Target and noticed the new Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion on the shelf, I couldn’t pass it up.

After realizing the character boards are laid out differently than those in the Original Gloomhaven and finding none of the existing character dashboards would work for the new boards. I decided to take a crack at designing my own.

I have tons of birch, but I thought it appropriate to prototype in acrylic so I can see more easily where my mistakes might have been. Plus, I hadn’t touched any of the sample proof grade materials that were sent with my machine, so why not.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

22 Likes

Welcome to the community!

This is pretty amazing for your first design attempt! I love it when people use the GF to make board games better!

3 Likes

Incredible!!!

2 Likes

Looks very good! I think you are starting on a great adventure here…

2 Likes

Thanks all!

@bill.m.davis - Like your avatar. I have two GoCubes. I was actually the first backer on their kickstarter and they sent mine early for a gift for my daughter. They did a little video about it. They are a great company, couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes

Nice way to dive in. Great work.

1 Like

I love my Go Cube too! I went it in with some co-workers and got a set of them. I only wish it could teach you some of the more advanced algorithms. (I have been bad about practicing since the pandemic…)

1 Like

Wonderful job on this! I really like it in acrylic. You should do a forum search for game boards, I think there are a few of them in here and you’d probably enjoy seeing them.

1 Like

Are you selling these? Or do you have the drawings you used?

Just so you know, forum rules won’t let us ask for other people’s work. If they are willing to give it away, you will find it in the free section. I think asking if they are selling it is ok, tho. Quite a few people on here are on Etsy or other places. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!