Glowforge arrived broke!

I am so upset and disappointed to go pick up my GF as soon as UPS opened this morning (because after 2+ yrs of waiting for it I couldnt stand to wait for the afternoon delivery) and find that it’s broken. The UPS employee was bringing it out from the back and not handling it, in my opinion, in a FRAGILE-like manner and asking me if it was supposed to sound like rocks were in the box. I told her NO and watched as glass came out of the OPEN handle areas!!! OMG I am so upset. I pointed out to all the UPS people standing around at that point that there are clearly marked RED UP ARROWS and I saw that the box was on its side!!! The UPS woman who was helping only responded with, “who would put glass in this kind of box”? I didn’t even know how to respond to that…
Please help…How soon do replacements get shipped???

1 Like

This is awful.

There are improvements that could be made to the GF packaging, but this is a B.S. response.

You’ll have to wait for support to respond, but replacements seem to be relatively quick.

3 Likes

Relatively speaking, immediately. So take some comfort in that.

Sorry to hear of your experience!

3 Likes

Oh dear…I am SO sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine how disappointed you must feel. As has been said, the Glowforge team is very quick to respond to this kind of thing and I’m sure you will have a replacement very soon.

2 Likes

I know everyone here understands the disappointment. Thank you for letting me know GF handles these problems efficiently. I can only hope I see one soon! We have jobs lined up and we were ready to work all weekend!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s too bad! Hope they get the replacement to you very quickly. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

So sorry to hear about this disappointment. For whatever it’s worth, we can empathize with you.

UPS really seems to manhandle these boxes, and it has been a source of pain for quite a few folks. On the up side, Glowforge customer service is excellent and they seem to make it right ASAP. Hang in just a little longer!

4 Likes

Dang. Such a crashing smack-down of your elation! That really hurts.
We have all seen how these machines have experienced every possible physical orientation during transit, and from what I have seen it doesn’t hurt the machine. A tribute to the design team.
They really are good at getting replacement units out to their customers. The support team is great. Another feather in their cap!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry your Glowforge arrived damaged! We’ll need to replace your unit.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like