Glowforge "Best Day Ever" Experience

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum or should I say Glowforge Base Camp.

Instead of just getting a pic of my son and I standing outside the Glowforge Offices during our visit to Seattle, we got an invite to come in and meet Dan, Bailey and the gang.

I was so star struck with meeting @dan and @bailey that I forgot all the other questions I wanted to ask but thankfully Dan is so proud of the Glowforge that he was eager to show it off :grinning:.

He showed me how simple it was to type in some text, put a rounded box around it in Illustrator then upload it onto the Glowforge software screen…choose which Glowforge to send it to, then using the camera, resize it, place it where you want on the material, select your material from the list of proof grade and hit the glowing button. So fast and simple.

For any “laser newbies” you’ll be cutting your first test piece right out of the box…the software does alot more than I imagined…including a few things I did not know… It is easy and user-friendly.

Then my son wanted to try the trace feature. Dan had him draw a quick doodle with a sharpie on paper.

Scanned the drawing in the Glowforge bed via the camera, the software automatically interpreted the image to be able to click on what to raster and what to cut.

From paper to finished product was very fast and accurate.

It may be hard to experience how passionate Dan is about Glowforge just from being on the forum…but I can definitely tell you the passion and sincerity is real.

It was awesome to look across the office floor and see a small army of Glowforges knowing they will soon be sitting on alot of desks, work tables and in creative places by the end of the year.

Thank you, Dan, for making this a “best day ever” experience. So says my son😀

Looking even more forward to getting our own Glowforge in the not so distant future!!

82 Likes

Are yoy back in the Glowfold?

(sorry if you’ve said so in your other thread, I can’t read quickly enough to keep up with the long threads)

7 Likes

I will be…sooner than later…

16 Likes

You little stinker! :smile:

(Seattle is so far away. I’m green.)

8 Likes

Me Tooo!! :frog:
Great post Laser Lady! So glad Dan was able to accommodate you!

That was as good as an update from the nerve center!
Thank you for stoking the flame.

15 Likes

So much going on I forgot to take pics…but @dan took a selfie with all of us he said he will post. And yes…he’s really tall.lol

14 Likes

Lucky duck!!! Looks like a great time!!

7 Likes

Well I guess going to the Glowforge offices would be pretty cool, but still see the aquarium ;D

9 Likes

Awesome wave at the crew for me. Everytime I hear about someone meeting the crew and seeing the machine makes me happy that I got this one.

6 Likes

What a great report of a great time! For certain…couple of lucky ducks, [quote=“JeremyNielsen, post:7, topic:2728”]
Lucky duck!!!
[/quote]

you two are. Can’t help but wonder…did you call them…? How did they know you were there? Loved the play by play while there.

5 Likes

So cool! Thanks for sharing your experience; definitely reinforces for me that the investment of money and patience are well placed in Dan and the rest of the Glowforge company… Christmas can’t come fast enough this year!

5 Likes

Before I go offline for the night, I have to share this. All I can say is she is even more delightful in person than she is in the Forum! Thank you for coming to visit us.

63 Likes

How cool! Thanks for sharing your experience here.

I especially love that your son was able to make something, and that he had so much fun there.

7 Likes

I clicked the heart a couple of times already, but that wasn’t quite enough. LOVE this for several reasons! The whole thing! All over!

8 Likes

Very awesome! I’ll be in Seattle in a few weeks. Time to start working on my puppy dog face. :dog2:

8 Likes

I was really hoping you would get a little bit of access! Really awesome choice by the glowforge team. I love hearing what you think of the interface and ease of use compared to your current lasers. It is always nice to get a little bit more reassurance that I made the right choice.

I’m 6’4", never thought much of it lol. But the rest of my family is tall too…

5 Likes

Yeah! That’s so awesome.
Definitely a “Best Day Ever” Experience! :grin:

4 Likes

Glad to hear the software has your approval. That means alot coming from someone with some solid lasering background.

Super jealous btw. That’s awesome!

9 Likes

Awwww, so glad they welcomed you. What an awesome bunch of folks!

7 Likes

Truly stoked for you…that looked like a fun day…@dan and @bailey look like they are having a blast too.Gratz on seeing…truly envious.

4 Likes