Glowforge Broken after 5 Months

Hello ~
I received my Glowforge Plus the end of November and it’s broken. I’m very disappointed by this. For the amount of money spent on this product, I did NOT expect for it to break, especially when I use the machine as a hobby not as a full time job or constant use. Glowforge was very helpful right away and almost immediately told me that they could not help me remotely and said they would send me a refurbished machine as soon as I responded to that email copying and pasting the blurb that they sent (basically saying I agreed to the refurbished machine). I responded right away, because for the first time ever I signed up to do a Craft Fair and as I mentioned I didn’t use the machine constantly so I need to make items for the fair… since I sent that email a few days ago I have not heard back from them. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how long does it take before you got your replacement machine? They told me in the machine that they had gotten approval to send me the refurbished machine before receiving the broken machine back and they would send me shipping labels - I haven’t received those labels either. If and when I receive those labels I will send the machine back right away - I just need the replacement machine as soon as possible. I’m really hung up right now. I’m at the point where I’d really LIKE to use the machine to make some money and I cannot do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

GF isn’t known for their speedy responses or shipping. Best we can tell you is that this post opened a trouble ticket and someone will see it and respond. But if your craft fair is very soon I wouldn’t expect the replacement to be there immediately. They’ll get it to you… just don’t expect jets to be attached to the package.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me. I opened a couple of tickets - I figured maybe posting here would grab their attention.

Thank you!

Try engaging them in their chat service. I think it is live now.

3 Likes

Posting here opens yet another ticket – and if you read the pinned post at the top of this thread you’ll see that duplicate tickets slow down their response time even more, since they have to be consolidated.

Thank you for letting me know - I just really need this machine - so I was trying everything to get a response.

1 Like

Thank you!

I followed up on the chat feature and all is good now. Thank you all!

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you had this unfortunately timed breakdown (not that there’s ever a good time!). We’ve followed up via email, so I’m closing this thread.