Glowforge Browser Failure Problem when copying items. Started today

Actual problem: I added an item that had no STYLE statement and no defaults in its svg file. An invisible object appears to crash the graphics display part of the glowforge app.

Using Chrome. In an existing Glowforge project. Select an outline, press Ctrl-C, then Ctrl-V.
You can no longer select any objects. The copy of the object does not become visible. If you change the zoom, the window goes Grey.

The only way to continue is to close the Chrome Tab and open a new one, then reenter glowforge and the project. The copied object is there,

All of this worked normally last night. Software update?

I just did this multiple times, no problem for me …

1 Like

It’s freaking out for me now… just zooming will throw the model window grey. Gonna reboot.

Looks like my project file has been corrupted. Other project files are fine.

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I really appreciate you providing the additional details.

I’m investigating the errors you ran into with our developers now, so I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to check out the issue you reported. It looks like you’ve since deleted the design that was having these problems. If possible, I’d like to take a look at the original file. If you still have that, could you please upload it here or send it to us at support@glowforge.com?

Additionally, do you see the same problems if you upload the same file to the app again?

Hi, I will look for the files when I get back in the office. Thanks

I have added he design ProblemFile to my glowforge. The app will stop displaying graphics if you zoom or pan the image.

Very simple file, just contains a line we use for adding a cut to other files. But the line does not have a style statement. With a style statement it works fine,.ProblemFile

Thanks so much for taking the time to upload the file. This is a great detail about the style statement. We’ve been in touch separately regarding an unfortunate issue with your unit, but I wanted to update this topic and let you know that this problem is unrelated, and we’re continuing to look into it. If you run into this problem again with another file, please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. Thanks again for your patience.