Glowforge business, going strong

Despite everything, our GF business is still going strong out here in Hawaii. Thanks Glowforge.

38 Likes

It all looks beautiful. Great work.

3 Likes

Looks amazing!

3 Likes

My wife has these from your store

4 Likes

Beautiful! You have a trademark look that is very appealing! Questions Amanda: It looks like you do a large volume of your work. I’ve wondered about my Glowforge over a period of time, though I am sure I use it just a fraction of the time that you do. Do you have a rough idea of the amount of time you would say your Glowforge is running per day? How long have you had it? Have you had to replace any parts on it yet? Just curious. Mine has been rock-solid, so no issues at all. Just looking ahead and with the volume you appear to do, that might be a good gauge. You appear to be in a very happy place. I don’t just mean Hawaii, but generating income with your creativity. Kudos!

3 Likes

Awesome work :heart:

3 Likes

Easy to see why you’re successful!

2 Likes

Some beautiful work! I really enjoyed seeing everything.

1 Like

Aloha. We do indeed put our forges through the paces. We have 2 machines running quite a bit. Many days they are printing on and off all day. We have had a couple of warranty replacements sent out, but with the level of use we are putting our machines through we expected that. The main reason we run 2 machines is so we have a backup if one needs sending out. The important point to make on our end is that we couldn’t have been successful without the support of the GF company; every time we’ve had an issue, we’ve gotten immediate support, and that has been instrumental in keeping our little operation alive.

4 Likes

Where do you get your wood? I’m new to glowforge and I am interested in light weight wood such as Koa as well.

1 Like

Aloha. We live on the slopes of Mauna Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii. We hand mill all of our Koa using a sawmill, bandsaw and drum sander.

1 Like

Thats awesome! Do you sell any of your handpicked wood? I’d be interested, if so.