Glowforge camera can't take picture

Suddenly today our 2-month-old glowforge pro is saying that the camera can’t take a picture I went through all the troubleshooting listed and I went through all the forums checking the ribbon cable cleaning the lens and whatnot I even tried to do a factory reset and it’s not working

The print head does not move, the device is completely not functioning at this point

Cracks in a cable are not uncommon and can even cause an intermittent problem. (They can thus be almost impossible to see!) The camera image has to travel three different cables as well so such a crack could be in any of them. I think only your logs could tell as long as the connections are in and tight. I would take and post camera shots of each of them that folk could be sure. I have not seen many cases of the camera cable needing to be replaced as it should get little disturbance unless there is aggressive lid cleaning involved.

Support should be along presently and having the photos posted may well save a step.

Here are the requested pictures,. Of course this all happened on the night that my wife got a massive Rush order that she’s probably not going to be able to fill at this point but I suppose that’s Murphy’s Law for you

Also thank you for your help

While you wait for support, please sit down and think about your backup plan for your orders. If you are relying on any mechanical system to fill orders you will see a failure eventually. How you deal with that failure will make or break your business.

Take things into account like how long it will be to get parts, how much income you can lose and still operate, and what your alternatives are if your unit goes down for an extended period of time.
This plan will make it much easier to handle things like this since you will have already been through it and will know what you need to do.

Good luck getting your laser running again.

Trust me when I say it’s all I’ve been thinking about. Strangely just 2 days ago I told my wife that considering the failure rate of these we should look into buying a second one both for volume as well as redundancy. However I was really hoping it would last more than 2 months, especially considering how much we baby it and how often we clean it (daily)

That can be as problematic as lax cleaning. There are a few places like the plugs at the ends of the cables, or opening the lid too far that can cause cable failure. I went for 2 years without a problem and then opened the lid too far and had to replace the black cable :frowning_face:

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via chat and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.