Glowforge can't read QR code. Too blurry

Is this something I need to RMA for? the machine can’t read the QR codes because it’s so out of focus. I’ve already tried to clean the lens.

I’m afraid we need a bit more information to narrow it down. Do you know the date and time (including time zone) when this happened so we can investigate for you?

well it’s always happening so I’ll refresh my page. 6:40pm central time the qr code is still blurry.

I believe most/all of us have experienced that. For example:

Probably nothing to worry about, but let’s let Support confirm that for you. :slight_smile:

If you select the material manually from the dropdown menu, does the image get any clearer?

I’m curious to know if you’re getting an error saying it’s too blurry. I cut some acrylic last night and the QR code was blurry to me, but the machine read it just fine.

In the past @Tom_A posted a blurry screenshot of a QR code that his GF failed to read. I pointed my phone at my screen showing Tom’s screenshot and a free app read it fine. So the reader built into the GF cloud is not very good.

Thanks for that information!

I checked logs from 6:40pm CST and it I wasn’t able to find an instance when the app didn’t recognize Proofgrade material. It’s possible for the QR code to look blurry, but still be interpreted successfully by the app.

Would you do the following, please?

• Place the same piece of Proofgrade™ material in the middle of the bed
  • Close the lid
  • Check in the upper left corner of your Workspace to see if it was recognized. It should look like this (with the material matching the one you placed in the bed): MediumMaplePlywood
  • If it didn’t recognize the material, please take a screenshot for us.
    Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
    Windows: Click on the Start Menu and search for the Snipping Tool. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Also, if your Glowforge doesn’t recognize your Proofgrade material, you can select it and continue with your print.

• Open your design at app.glowforge.com
  • Click on “Unknown” on the left hand side of the Workspace
  • Type the Proofgrade material in the search bar
  • Select the correct Proofgrade material
3 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.