Glowforge cut the SVG original size, not my scaled size [Resolved]

I downloaded a svg file from thingiverse. I scaled it down in inkscape so that the notches would match the thickness of the plywood. I saved it and reopened to check that the file contained what I had done. When I cut the design, it came out at the original scale. The parts were wasted, since the notches are too large.
As I recall from a recent post about changes to the software, the svg file format can contain transformation information and the data may not be an exact representation of what is seen in inkscape.

Has anyone else had this problem recently?

Can you upload your file, link the thingverse file and tell us what size material you are scaling for?

That will help you get help.

1 Like

It’s suggested that files are saved as plain SVG instead of Inkscape SVG. Also version 0.92.

1 Like

Thanks. Saving in plain svg seems to have solved this problem.
I also found this page on optimizing svg: https://jaydenseric.com/blog/how-to-optimize-svg. The SVGO program does a good job of cleaning up svg code. I had an svg file which inkscape and glowforge had no problem with, but in Fusion 360 it was a mess. Running the file through the SVGO program cleaned up all of the hidden features.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @rpegg! @jgf, I’m happy to hear you were able to get the print you wanted! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this.