Glowforge delivery notification UK edition

They did that already. When you accepted the email they told you it could be up to six weeks.

Other people have gotten them sooner. But the commitment was six weeks. Sign up for UPS Mychoice and you may get a few days advance notice of the unit’s air shipment.

Or are you asking for more frequent “yep, it’s still coming”, “okay only 4 weeks left”, “still coming - 3 weeks left”…?

1 Like

Considering we’ve been patient enough to wait over 2.5 years and the fact that the most recent deliveries to the UK have been quite quick, an update on any unexpected delays isn’t unreasonable.

2 Likes

No need to be pedantic about it.

Guess I was hoping the week / 2 week delivery might have continued to be the norm.

I understand the upto six weeks thing but domestic customers had a running “we’re shipping units purchased on day such and such” which I’m sure gave a good indication on when they were shipping out.

1 Like

You’re presuming because you haven’t heard anythning that there’s an unexpected delay. It’s almost certainly not the case. They geve you a date and that date is now fa more likely to shorten than extend. In the past 9 months I don’t think anyone ran past the 6 weeks. Recent shipments were running a bit faster but you can’t count on other people’s good fortune in getting shorter time as indicating a delay for yours.

Overall tey could do a much better job of proactively communicating - the whole lack of acknowledgments and notifications is frustrating but it’s not likely to change based on past behavior.

Do you have your Glowforge @jamesdhatch?

1 Like

@tracey_grundy I am in the same boat as you. I started a thread here Forum Thread
to try to get more hard facts on dates for Pro deliveries to the UK/Europe.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll check it out. I’m sure @neil2 would pop on over also.

1 Like

See, but if they do that for the UK, then they have to do it for everywhere, so the relative number going to the UK by and large doesn’t matter.

I’d say the real reason delivery had been such a problem is mostly due to the just-in-time (i.e. still building the machine when they ask for your address) shipping method. Since they don’t know exactly when yours will come off the build line and finish factory testing, the shipping time swings quite a bit. That swing can come from getting a shipment of parts for the other module, bad weather, shark attacks, you name it :thinking: I guess that it cuts down on storage costs since they never have more than a handful of working machines lying around, but it would be nice if they had just gone with building as many as they can and only asking for shipping address once one was completely done and packaged. That would have cut the shipping window a lot. Alas, that is but a pipe dream.

2 Likes

True, but what they meant by “shipping” was sending you the email that after acceptance said: up to six weeks.

1 Like

Just spoken to UPS, as they have not delivered it again, thay said if they can’t scan it to prove they have it, I’ll have to go Back to Dan and get another one if they will say they have it lost… will not know until 2pm tomorrow.

Four letter words! That sounds ominous. Fingers crossed for tomorrow then.

@neil2 @tracey_grundy
Good news!!!
Golden mail received Mar 16
Proofgrade received Mar 23
Glowforge Basic sent Mar 26 (yesterday)
In this moment is crossing the sky, very soon will be at home!!!
:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

Lucky Lucky… Did you get any indication from UPS that it was on its way?

1 Like

Great news. My dates were 16th for email and 22nd for PG. All things being equal my GF should be on it’s way also (probably with the one for @neil2 too). However, the difference is the model. I ordered a Pro so it’ll be interesting to see how long that will take to come.

1 Like

Yes, I have been called to say that the package is on the way and that I have to fill out papers for customs.

The package would have to arrive tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

I hope your machines are on the same plane!

2 Likes

I’ve been checking my ups mychoice calendar and there’s nothing on it yet. I imagine our shipments will be on a dedicated UK plane from UPS @tracey_grundy

1 Like

Nothing appears on my MyChoice either. As far as I know, all the packages
of UPS coming from another continent pass through central HUB of Cologne before going to the country of destination.

2 Likes

I’m the same. Checking the UPS app, checking on the computer (cos you see more information on the computer)… Hopefully something will pop up soon! Fingers crossed for us all.

1 Like

So you actually got a phone call then?

@and_ark_studio that’s interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. In that case here’s hoping there are some developments soon then.

@tracey_grundy I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve refreshed both… I’m trying to ignore it now to save my sanity.

1 Like