Glowforge delivery notification UK edition

Tell me about it! I wish I had included it. I’ll not make the mistake again. I’ve been working on a London version of the NYC map I shared which is looking good. Probably share it today.

The mapbox guys were kind enough to offer me a ticket to their conference in San Fran after they saw the tweets they wanted me to go in may to show some stuff off. Sadly i can’t afford the flights though so its a no go!

Been a blast though. Always loved cartography and the forge hasn’t let me down a bit.

5 Likes

I wonder if @dan and Glowforge would be interested in helping out? #JustSaying #HintHint @bailey @michelle

2 Likes

Nathan, if you design it in OnShape and send me the link, i’ll have a look and left you know.

Just checked the UPS app, and my Tray is out for delivery, but Glowforge is listed as Package could not be located for intercept :open_mouth: and scheduled delivery information unavailable :sob:

Don’t panic yet, I had the same thing with my delivery, where the two items got seperated, but still managed to turn up the same day on different trucks. Fingers crossed this is the case here!

Paul, thanks I hope so :smiley:

1 Like

Mine also got split like that. I got the tray a day early but i think it was a combination of me not being immediate in paying the customs bill and my delivery was during the beast from the east so deliveries were up in the air.

1 Like

Cheers ears! The pump arrives in about 5 days. Once it arrives I’ll have a measure up and put something together.

I’m going to have to filter my exhaust as I’m sending it out the front of my house so I’ve got to buy filters and build something before Glowforge arrives… :confused: Wish me luck I guess.

1 Like

Ha! good work. Id happily go and represent. The CEO of mapbox even went and bought some units for their office after seeing my tweet. Im really regretting not having that referral code on there. Could have paid for the flights myself with it!

3 Likes

Sorry @dan but I beg to differ, @andrew who has posted in this thread had his Golden Ticket a few minutes after mine, we both had our proofgrade delivered the same day. Difference is, his GF has already been shipped and is expecting a delivery today, whereas my GF hasn’t even been shipped yet, UPS Choice has nothing for me.
Still it could be worse, am really feeling for @alexiancooper, who seems to have suffered at the hands of UPS playing football with his one. I had this 2 years ago with a CNC from Germany.
The other point to mention about the “free” proofgrade is that you should really be reducing the GF value by $217, not $150, as we are being charged on the value + shipping , this still leaves the handling fee but I’m not that picky :wink:

4 Likes

Well i’ve started a 1 day multicolur print on my Prusa i3 while i’m waiting, hope the GF arrives before Print finishes…

3 Likes

Not sure its a good idea to invite the world to stream video from the same device sending gcode to your printer unless it is something substantially more powerful than an RPI.

It’s account locked, and it only gets you to Octoprint :slight_smile: and it only uses a small acount of bandwidth.

Yes but I can view your camera. Each person that views it concurrently adds more CPU load to the webserver. If it gets overloaded the print will get ugly due to pauses.

True, I am keeping an eye on it, will take it down if it does get high CPU / bandwitdh

1 Like

15:15, Still no GF, UPS app now showing both GF and TRay as Exception, with date Tentative :frowning:
Hope your deliveries are going better.

Some packaging feedback from my Proofgrade delivery in the UK.

I think you have to transfer the air in first guys.

6 Likes

I got mine earlier today and didn’t even notice that air pack…it was still in the box! :joy:

1 Like

Well, no delivery on Friday, Saying Monday now :frowning:

But the Print finished, after 16 hours

12 Likes

Oh dear about the Glowforge, but hopefully tomorrow, fingers crossed for you. And awesome print, that MMU really seems to do a good job! Although it’s always only as good as the file, is that your design? Either way came out great.