Glowforge delivery notification UK edition

Yes, I have been called to say that the package is on the way and that I have to fill out papers for customs.

The package would have to arrive tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

I hope your machines are on the same plane!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been checking my ups mychoice calendar and thereā€™s nothing on it yet. I imagine our shipments will be on a dedicated UK plane from UPS @tracey_grundy

1 Like

Nothing appears on my MyChoice either. As far as I know, all the packages
of UPS coming from another continent pass through central HUB of Cologne before going to the country of destination.

2 Likes

Iā€™m the same. Checking the UPS app, checking on the computer (cos you see more information on the computer)ā€¦ Hopefully something will pop up soon! Fingers crossed for us all.

1 Like

So you actually got a phone call then?

@and_ark_studio thatā€™s interesting, I wasnā€™t aware of that. In that case hereā€™s hoping there are some developments soon then.

@tracey_grundy Iā€™ve lost track of how many times Iā€™ve refreshed bothā€¦ Iā€™m trying to ignore it now to save my sanity.

1 Like

Yes, it has been the way I found out that they had already sent the machine. I asked for the tracking number and so I was able to access the shipping information.

2 Likes

And the saga continues, they tried to deliver something this morning, but no one in, left a card, then another driver turned up and delivered my Glowforge, so the tray was with another driver and they will deliver it tomorrowā€¦

Will be at least able to set the GlowForge up, but will not be able to do any testing as no tray or hose until tomorrow :frowning:

6 Likes

Happy you got the main event! :smiley:

Paul, Thanks, lets just hope itā€™s not damaged, which would just make my day :nerd_face:

1 Like

Donā€™t even say it! :skull::skull_and_crossbones::ghost:

Will know in 2 hours time, when I get home.

2 Likes

Yes. I accepted my email just before Thanksgiving and received it Christmas week. So about 5 weeks as I recall. As everyone else, no communication after I accepted to indicate they got it.

I did not receive shipping emails when either the PG or the GF actually headed out on trucks. I did see it on UPS MyChoice when they labeled it and then I was able to watch it come across the country.

It is a puzzle to me why they donā€™t get emails out to acknowledge receipt of the ā€œI acceptā€ and when the boxes leave their facilities. I donā€™t know of any order fulfillment system that doesnā€™t do that automatically so I have to believe itā€™s something theyā€™ve put together in house and rely on manual activity to get things done.

2 Likes

Any joy @andrew? Also, you can use risers in lieu of the trayā€¦ You if you get too excited!

1 Like

Might still need a hose though, but you can pick those up pretty much anywhere that sells dryer ductingā€¦ :wink:

Great News, although the box was really trashed, only one plastic handle made it, the GlowForge inside was perfect, did the setup, but tray and hose should be arriving today. so will wait for first print.

So GlowintheDark is now online.

IMG_0439IMG_0438

12 Likes

@tracey_grundy got confirmation of delivery for tomorrow in the UPS app, two boxes.

Just need to ring the chap I was supposed to be working for and tell him I wonā€™t be coming in :grimacing:

4 Likes

Priorities!

2 Likes

Obviouslyā€¦ whatā€™s a decent day rate lost in addition to import tax amongst friends.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Mine is in customs. Sadly, here tomorrow, Friday and Monday is festive. So I will have to wait patiently to Tuesday. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes