Glowforge design page not working right

I have a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to. We are using some of the preloaded Glowforge designs from the design library to do our test work and figure thigns out. The 4 piece keychain only shows 2 pieces (2 shapes are missing), the pencil box won’t open at all and just says “rendering design” then nothing comes up, when I click on the coasters, my daughter’s art work that we scanned opens up…is any of this normal? Did I break the glowforge page? lol

I’m a brand new owner, opened up my boxes last night at 7pm, so I’m very inexperienced with this. I’d appreciate some help if you can offer any.

If you delete anything inside the design when you are moving things around and then close it, the shapes stay deleted. (There’s an Auto-Save going on.)

In order to restore Catalog files, you can click on the little 3 dots icon […] and reset the design. (It only works for Catalog files though. Keep a copy of your original designs.)

5 Likes

First of all, welcome to the forum. You’ve come to the right place, and though I personally can’t be of much help, I know someone will stop here very soon and be able to help you sort things out. Best of luck.

5 Likes

Thank you both so much~ I did the 3 dot thing and restored the designs :slight_smile: I’m going to venture into playing around with more designs today, so I was a little panicked about losing them so fast. Have a great day!

5 Likes

when you are done with a design and want to work on a new one; instead of deleting the elements on screen, click on the “home” button and start a new design from there.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Jules, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!