Glowforge engraving double vision/blurry text

Hello there,

We’ve been engraving with our glowforge for quite some time now completely fine, but all of a sudden today it’s started to engrave double the design. Please see the attached for photo for what we mean, we tried engraving “08.22.2020” and it’s doubling up.

We’ve already cleaned all the lens with wipes and double checked them to make sure they’re clean, we’ve also dusted out the inside of the laser with a dust can. Any ideas to solving this, thank you for your time and help!

Best,
Aaron

1 Like

I would guess either an issue with the art (less likely) or something stuck in your track (more likely). Presuming the heart was point side down - I’d guess one of the vertical tracks. Turn everything off and very slowly push the laser tube back wards and forwards - see if you can find something it’s hitching on.

4 Likes

Is it doing this on all files? Can you use the premium text option in the GFUI and see if it does it then?

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips so quickly, I really appreciate it, let me try these right now!

1 Like

I’ve discovered the issue now! THANK YOU, it appears this plastic track wheel piece has broken and snapped, please see the attached photo. You were absolutely correct, when the head is going back and forth, it hitches on this broken wheel, bumps up and goes over it back to normal, causing the double vision/design.

Does anyone know how I can replace this?

1 Like

Posting here creates a support ticket and they will contact you, usually within 24 hours. I’ve you haven’t sent them and email already, do not as it just creates a duplicate support order and slows the process down.

4 Likes

You are godsend man, thank you so much for your quick help, I really appreciate it. You saved me hours of head scratching/panic tonight, seriously. Thank you for the heads up on support, I’ll wait for them to respond on here then.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your help, your advice gave me the guidance I needed to pin point the issue, I’m going to hold out now for support to respond and see if I can get a replacement part sent as soon as possible.

Just to keep it clear for Glowforge support: please contact me and let me know how I can receive a few new track wheels or a plate replacement, thank you for the awesome community support!

5 Likes

You are very welcome. If you have any questions, this is the place to be. This forum can be your best friend. I encourage you to spend some time here, read some posts and develop relationships. You met two of us tonight and feel free to reach out if needed. When you get back working, post pictures of your creations. I’m look forward to seeing some awesome things.

7 Likes

I’m so glad that ovm.steve was able to point you to the broken part! Since we will be ordering you a spare v-wheel, and this has to do with your personal account, we will follow up with you through email. I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like