Glowforge extended warranty?

No news I’m afraid.

I don’t know the details of how credit card extended service plans work, but that could be a good option if it applies.

Here is some info about the AMEX warranty extension: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/card-benefits/extended-warranty/faq.html#1

When an American Express Card Member charges an eligible product with his or her Card account, Extended Warranty can provide up to one extra year added to the original U.S. manufacturer’s warranty. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Coverage is up to the actual amount charged to your Card for the item up to a maximum of $10,000; not to exceed $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.

Maybe you can work with the team at Glowforge to refund your original payment and switch to a credit card. It would benefit the Glowforge team as a 3rd party will pay for the repairs for an extra year, meaning people are more likely to get their units repaired.

My year warranty is getting close to running out. Any update? I am sure a number of us would gladly pay to extend it.

1 Like

@dan @Rita

I’m concerned about this as well. Any movement on this?

1 Like

Considering if you buy it off Amazon you can purchase an extended one through them, it seems like we should be able to get something from someone.

I’ve always been suspicious of those 3rd party warranties. Feel very icky.

It warranties a total amount of money. If you need a repair, it’ll deduct from that total amount. More repairs deduct from that until it’s spent and they’ll keep the item and you have nothing. So it’s probably okay for 1 repair but more than that, don’t send it in. You might get a tiny check for whatever remainder is left over from the 1st repair.
Least ways that’s what I got from reading one of those polices years ago.

We do not have any extended warranty product at this time, and I don’t have anything new to announce. I’m going to close this thread, since we do that now. Please post new threads with new questions as they arise!