Glowforge Extremely Slow

I have cleared my cache and followed every possible route to speed up my glowforge service. When I paid 4000.00 dollars for this machine I was very happy with both the machine and the service.
HOWEVER!!! Since you began offering a very expensive premium service which I chose not to purchase at such a ridiculous price, my service has slowed down extremely, to the point where at times it takes 20 minutes or more to get even a small design to process so I can print. I have extremely fast internet service on every other device on my system. I expect to get the same service I got when I bought it, which was before you began a premium service.
I will be reporting this to the BBB and the Texas Attorney General. I will also look for an attorney who may be willing to take this on, perhaps a Class Action Lawsuit.

Is it uploading the files to the dashboard that has slowed down or the time it takes from when hitting the print button on the screen to when the button lights up?

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is nonsense. Nothing has changed. There are probably thousands of users myself included who did not get the premium package and there is absolutely no reduction in speed because of that.

5 Likes

actually your processing speed is faster than we had originally. furthermore, the premium users are hosted on faster servers. your “regular” account did not get slowed down.

now there have apparently been some unintended effects of updates that slowed things down temporarily, but those were addressed.

you don’t say where you are located, but if you are in the areas affected by some of the stock trading fiasco, you are likely having slower connection speed than you might realize.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I checked the logs to see what the trouble is, and it looks like the problems you’re having aren’t related to print processing times at all.

The logs are showing me your Glowforge is having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network.

One common cause of this is poor signal strength, so I checked yours expecting to find it quite low. However, to my surprise, the signal strength looked quite strong. That usually means the connectivity trouble is some problem with the network, or some other environmental problem such as signal interference.

The first thing I’d recommend trying is to reboot your networking equipment.

If you’re still having trouble after that, there are a couple options.

One test you could try is switching to a different network, such as a Wi-Fi hotspot.

If you’d like to collect the logs from your Glowforge, I’d be happy to check them out to see if there is anything useful in them.

To collect your logs:

1. Reboot your Glowforge once more and wait about 30 seconds
  2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  5. A .zip file should download to your computer
  6. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps. Thanks!

6 Likes

Pip

Thank you for your assistance. Your suggestions actually helped me track down a problem that I was not aware of.

PS: some people on the forum are quite rude.

“… rude…”

says the screeching person calling the AG and the BBB?

YMMV

4 Likes

PS: some people on the forum are quite rude.

The mirror doesn’t lie.

4 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like