Glowforge fires 1/2" down and 1/4" right always - any way to "zero out"?

I’ve had this issue since day one and I’ve always assumed it would get resolved as the software improved since the website said it was being worked on. However, to this day, it always seems to cut 1/2" below and 1/4" to the right of where I place a design. Is there any way to “zero out” the head? It’s not that there’s variance - it’s just always down and right.

Have you run the calibration routine? Are you using the set focus tool? That much deviation is usually a problem with the focus setting.

3 Likes

Have you run the camera calibration routine? You can find it in the support pages under “troubleshooting.”

3 Likes

I’m not using set focus - I’m using proofgrade materials so I assume it knows the material height. Haven’t run any calibration routine unless it was when I got it (~2 yrs ago?). I will look for that. Thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t - wasn’t aware of it. I’ll look for it. Thanks!

It did not exist then, It is exactly one of the improvements you mentioned.

3 Likes

You will be impressed by the accuracy and improvement that you get once you run it. Set focus will become your new best friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a link with some tips and tricks uising the set focus tool and alingment >Here

And here is the link to the camera calibration procedure>Here

3 Likes

Just a quick note of reference for @glowforge17. The set focus procedure has changed in the new interface to the triple dots…see pic below

E1993208-EE79-46C2-838E-B43DE6C545FF_4_5005_c

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble with your unit’s alignment. It’s great to see you’ve already received some excellent advice from our other community members. Thanks folks!

Please let us know how it goes after you’ve run the Camera Recalibrator, and if you run into any questions while running it. We’ll be happy to help!

I ran Camera Calibration and on flat material I routinely position parts within .060" of edges and holes in my material.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.