Glowforge getting stuck on "Preparing your design" phase

Hey, I’ve had my forge for about two months now and have been using it nonstop, as of late its taken a lot longer between hitting print on the computer and hitting the actual button. Sometimes itll pop out of the preparing your design pop up and go back to the web editor page and I have to tell it to print again. Any idea what could be causing this, and any steps I could take?

The having to hit Print a second time is a bug that got introduced with the last update (we think) but it’s harmless, so we just press Print again. (Eventually they’ll fix it, they do know about it.)

If your designs are taking longer though between the pressing Print and then pressing the Start button…that’s an indication that your machine is tired, and will soon give a little sigh and quit permanently.

I am totally kidding…do not panic! :smile:

All it means is that you are running larger or more complex designs now…it takes longer for those to process. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Or there might be something confusing in the file itself…always the first place to check.)

4 Likes

That makes sense, I guess I didn’t think about it but these are getting more complex as I go. Thanks.

2 Likes

Some of mine take a really long time…but it’s so worth it! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Jules, here I am cleaning my keyboard and screen. At least it is “just” diet Mt. Dew, it doesn’t tend to be too sticky.

2 Likes

:wink:… Mine might be getting tired - been doing more engraving than usual. (Sure does make a mess.)

1 Like

I extracted the logs to investigate the problem you reported, and I didn’t see anything unexpected.

Complicated prints that result in longer print times do take longer to process, so that is expected.

That being said, if you continue to see the “Preparing your Design” dialog disappear without an error message, please note the time and date, let us know, and we’ll be happy to look into it.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like