Glowforge grouping my designs into one

I’m engraving a bunch of different names. The past year, I add all the names then move them over one by one to engrave as I go. Suddenly, last night I’m getting this message that says there are a lot of items glowforge is grouping them together. Now I can’t move the names individually anymore, which means I would have to upload one name at a time and that would suck. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah, it’s an annoying “feature.” Try uploading half of them. There’s some sort of threshold for how many parts you can include before they get grouped, but I don’t know exactly where it is.

To quote, it’s saying “This design has many elements. The elements have been grouped”

Oh man. Not sure how that’s a feature that would benefit anyone.

There must be a reason for it, but darned if I know what it is! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another option is to load all the names on top of each other and then turn all but the one you want to engrave off in the bar on the left, then you don’t care about the grouping and you don’t have to move anything…but that only works if you know where you’re moving them to before you’ve uploaded.

Thanks for the tips @geek2nurse , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if you have further questions, go ahead and post a new topic.