Glowforge Interface issue

I just ran into this today in the user interface. I had been cutting cardboard in a previously saved design on the dashboard. I made a new design to cut some plastic pins and when I switched back to my cardboard design, all my default cuts were now set to plastic. I failed to notice before hitting the go button and there was a bit of burning and some swearing.

Is this new or has it always been this way and I didn’t notice? It seems to me that when I set a file for a particular material, that file should keep the material the next time it is opened. Is that not correct?

1 Like

Switching designs from the Dashboard does not change my material. I don’t know if it has always been this way, but the designs don’t seem to be linked to a particular material.

3 Likes

Could just be that it’s the first time it has bitten me. It’s something that when you get into “production mode” you can pretty easily burn the crap out of things, especially with cardboard which is just paper and voids.

1 Like

AFAIK it has always done that - the requirement to select settings each time. Unknown and manual settings also stay across designs.

Hi @shogun. I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble with the Glowforge app between prints. I noticed you were describing an issue with settings for a print carrying over to another print unexpectedly. I wasn’t able to see any trending issues with this in the log files, or reproduce the issue on my end. To help with any troubleshooting, can you let me know if you’re continuing to see it on your end, along with any steps taken leading to this error? Any screenshots, or video, will also help narrow down the cause, and fix needed. Let me know any updates and I’ll be happy to continue troubleshooting this with you. Thank you!

Hi Brandon,

Hopefully this will help show you what I am seeing:

Hi @@shogun. Thank you for getting back to me with the added information and video for the steps to reproduce this encountered trouble. I have this under review now, and will be following up with you in the morning to help address this. I apologize for the delay, but want to make sure I can get you the best information to get this resolved. I appreciate your time and patience, and will reach out if anything further is needed to address this. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @shogun. I was able to review this with our senior team, and this is expected behavior for the Glowforge app. With Proofgrade material, the QR code can adjust for any material change when it recognizes the code on the sticker, but manually selected material can lead to the most recent material carrying over into an opened design. I understand the concern with potential impact of material settings and optimization of production. I am forwarding this feedback up, and appreciate you detailing everything with the video.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to create a new thread of email us at support@glowforge.com if you run into any further trouble. We’ll be here, and always happy to help. Thanks again!