Glowforge is Lagging

Hi I have been having an issue the last 48 hours where my glowforge is lagging where the centering and scanning steps take forever. But even after that is done the UI lags and pretty frequently Chrome tells me it is unresponsive. Anyone else had this issue? If so how did you fix it? My wifi works fine for everything else in the house and the issue is happening with both the laptop and the desktop.

The last time you popped in here was about 4 months ago so I assume the machine has been working properly?

The symptoms suggest a connectivity issue, at least that’s where I would start.
WiFi Troubleshooting

2 Likes

Yeah the machine has been working perfectly for a while and the last couple days have been weird. But I think we got it figured out. For whatever reason the file we were trying to print was making the webpage lag. There were a few different steps but nothing out of the ordinary so I think it was just the file.

Everything is working now and we just scrapped that file.

1 Like

Yes, running a known good file is a good way to narrow down if it’s a machine issue or not.
The failures I’ve had have always been either a file issue or a brain issue :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!