Glowforge is not powering on

I am having the same issue with my GF! What do I need to do? Send pics? To where? Help please!!

You need to open your own thread, or send an email to support (not both.)

Oh ok! I sent an email to support. Havenā€™t heard back. Thanks!

You should have received an automated response acknowledging receipt, which includes a note that it can take three business days for them to get back to you.

Hi again, and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I took the pictures as requested and will include them here. I am also receiving an error regarding the interlock which says ā€œALERT Interlock Brokenā€. If it matters, I have the Plus model. That is some good news because we know power is going to the unit and it is connecting to wifi in the web app.glowforge.com interface.

Interesting. The Alert Interlock is an error associated with a Pro. On a Pro there is a little staple interlock in the back that if removed shuts down the laser and the head will return to the home position. The UI will display that warning The staple is a physical fail safe needed to pass safety requirements when using the passthru. Never heard of a Plus having reported that Alert. No reason.

3 Likes

Thank you for the additional information and photos. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we canā€™t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so Iā€™m recommending we replace this one. Iā€™ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. Iā€™m so sorry about the bad news.