I’m really liking how the Glowforge is helping me to grow creatively. It’s a slow process but I’m getting there! The other night a friend of ours came over with some of her artwork so that we could try to make some interesting things. She wanted to work with some of her Easter egg doodles, so we picked one with some interesting lines and used the forges scan and print ability. What came out was so much better than what we were thinking. Our friend was absolutely laughing with glee.
We printed another one (in the background of the below) that gave some nice depth to what our friend thought was a very basic and boring design. We printed a few other designs but I didn’t get a photo of those. They got me thinking today about how to really make them pop a bit more.
So today after work, I scanned one of my favorite pieces into the computer and did some minor work on it. In the below, you can see the original art and what I turned it into. I removed some of the speckles and made them cuts. Some of the flowers I pushed into the background with a 70% engrave. Messed up a couple of things in the ordering of cuts and engraves but got pretty lucky and things wound up coming out better because of that. The only thing I REALLY messed up was the center of the bottom right flower. It should have been pushed into the background as well. Honestly though, I now wish I had let all of the centers stay in the foreground for more depth. Very happy with the final product.