Glowforge is stuck on centering AGAIN!

Once again the Glowforge is stuck on centering. Cloud based system is awful.

Your WiFi is likely the issue. Have you run through the steps to try to address that?

It doesn’t need fast WiFi, it needs stable WiFi and it sounds like your isn’t.

4 Likes

She is correct^, WiFi is the single biggest variable among owners. Mine and most others have worked perfectly across 3 years. Here is a link to glowforge support troubleshooting for WiFi.

It’s an honest mistake to assume since your phone, tablet, or laptop can connect that your wifi is ok. The laser and the servers have a robust communications protocol, the laser uploading pictures and the server downloading motion instructions. A dropped packet can send the routine sideways.

Out of habit I place the head under the lid camera before I turn it on, just to shorten that conversation.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is stuck on centering.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.