Glowforge laser not firing!

I recently got a refurbished GF sent to me due to my old one going out I was within warranty still. I plugged it in and started it up. I am familiar already with using GF since I had used my other one frequently. Anyway, when I started this one up the head would move and do all of the motions of the design, but no laser came out. I have yet to do one cut since receiving this new one. If I have to send this one back I might lose my mind.
I have turned on and off, made sure the laser head magnetically secured back on, and logged out of GF app online and re-logged in. I feel I have tried everything at this point…
Any help?!?!

1 Like

My first thought is your settings. Sometimes, the power setting defaults to “1” or some such low number. Check that first.

Oh…and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Can you please take a screenshot of your settings? Are you working with Proofgrade material?

2 Likes

I a working with proofgradematerial. I also am using the proofgrade settings. They are not low. That was the first thing I checked.

My wife is having the same issue. She was cutting proof grade acrylic she did a few pieces then all of sudden it stopped working.

I wish it was the settings. Good luck. Hopefully support will contact you soon.

I see you have already emailed us about this and I have already followed up there, so I am going to close this thread.