Glowforge laser not turning on

I just received my new GF today and set it up according to the manual. I tried to do the Gift of Good Measure and there is no sign of laser cutting, engraving, ect. No purple or pink laser action from the glass bulb. It just powers on and prints like a printer with no ink. There was a little moisture on the plastic film when I first opened the package. I went through all the trouble shooting of cleaning the lenses, mirror, and lasers. There are no visible cracks on the bulb when i thoroughly looked through it with a flashlight. No other evidence of leaking anywhere on the machine. Please help!

Are you using proofgrade with the qr code up? The default setting on not proofgrade is this action.

QR code is up. Still nothing. The power is not at 1. I’ve tried multiple powers settings and still no laser.

If you note the time and timezone of the attempt to print the GoGM, support can look at the logs to confirm the settings.

The unfortunate news is that it’s likely just dead from transport, and will need to be replaced.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate all the help and feedback!

1 Like

How long does it normally take for Support to get back to you? I’ve emailed and started this ticket.

Lately, only about 1 business day.

(It was more often 3 days or more not too long ago.)

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a recording of your Glowforge printing.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.