Glowforge lid open error

Hello. We have tried to fix the error referencing from the community here who has the exact same error, but it keeps having the same error. We have had the same problem before and we even changed the clips; however, it seems to be working for times, but again the lid open error shows up again now that the solution in the community would not work. Please kindly give me another option that can be fixed the error. Thank you.

So we have tried the solution you gave me, but it still shows up as lid open. Please check the below pictures and advise me if there is any problem.

FRONT DOOR CLOSED LEFT

FRONT DOOR CLOSED RIGHT

DOOR OPEN LEFT

DOOR OPEN RIGHT

FRONT DOOR OPEN LID CLOSED LEFT

FRONT DOOR OPEN LID CLOSED RIGHT

5 CABLE CONNECTOR

The second picture of the black lid cable (left side on lid) appears to show the cable being unplugged from the connector. That would absolutely cause this issue.

1 Like

Still have the same problem, it seems to be plugged in correctly.

Still appears crooked to me when viewing full-sized pic.

Do we have to pull out the cable completely and connect again? I wonder if we pull out the cable it might be broke.

You should wait for support. They should have responded already.

If it was my machine, I would carefully release the clip that one connector, and gently pull the cable back - not all the way out - then push it back in as far as possible, making sure it was perfectly straight (it’s not at the moment), then re-seat the clip.

1 Like

Crap. Looking at the latest pic again, it appears the lower clip on that connector is broken! Looks like it was in the first pic as well.

I am pretty certain that regardless of how “straight” the cable is inserted, without those clips being closed properly, it will not make a reliable connection. Opening them allows the cable to slide in, closing them clamps the connector down onto it.

Do we have to replace the lower clip connector? Where can we get it?

If it is broken, the machine will have to be replaced.

So that lower clip connector plastic is broken and the machine is having a lid open error?

The clip looks fine in that picture. Did you close it?

Here it looks broken:

Perhaps it was just open?

so the clip is not broken is there any other way we can fix the lid open error?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.