Glowforge live on HSN today

Today, I’ll be introducing Glowforge on the Home Shopping Network (HSN). Of course, their buildings are off limits to visitors. That means it’s just Suzanne Runyan, an empty set, Bailey, three printers, two iphone cameras, a pile of Proofgrade, and one very nervous CEO hoping that the connection works better than every other video conference this year.

Since so many of you are inventors and creators yourselves, you can imagine what it feels like to get ready to introduce your product on live national TV. And boy, I am excited to show new folks what they can do with Glowforge. Excited and, like I said, very nervous. What if I get the hiccups?!

I guess as long as I don’t make it into HSN’s next blooper reel, I’ll count it as a success.

If you’d like to tune in and watch me say “Hi, I’m Glowforge, and I’d like to show you how my Dan works”, I’ll be on “Suzanne Gets Crafty Special Edition” at 4 PT / 7 ET today. You can watch it live here!

https://www.hsn.com/watch/live

40 Likes

“I’m Glowdan and I’d like to forge you how my works show.”

Break a leg, being on live tv is probably really weird.

17 Likes

being on the TV used to be easier,
before flatscreens.

30 Likes

Just pretend you’re speaking to us - all your fans will be watching. You”ll rock, of that we have no doubt.

13 Likes

Huh! For you…no sweat. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

You got this!

8 Likes

You’ve got this, if I’m not too late. Otherwise, great job you nailed it! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Too late now, but for future reference, Haldol works great for stopping hiccups. :slight_smile: (Yes, really!)

7 Likes

Hope it went well! Tuned in at 4:05 and was not the GF on air… Apparently you–or the machine–were on earlier as in the “recently aired” section!

3 Likes

It’s on now. (Or next.)

(Ugh! No, now we’ve got pom-poms.)

Maybe after that, because she did highlight the Glowforge at the start of the show.

(Must have cute little pom-pom maker!)

Buy Glowforge! Make pom-pom maker! :smile:

Definitely next per host…turn on TV.
(And they sold a couple before they even displayed it.) :partying_face:

4 Likes

Fantastic job @dan and @bailey! That made me want to buy another one! :smile:

6 Likes

@dan, you were great. Would have liked to see more of you and @bailey though. :blush:

6 Likes

Awesome job you both! @dan , @bailey

5 Likes

I know! They wound up running behind and we ended a few minutes early, so we lost the opportunity to cut back to her. She was engraving an ipad, too. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@dan , how did you handle the 2-month delay in delivery if someone ordered?

1 Like

I’m wondering the same.

Hi @dan Is there an official response to the shipping delay issue for those who are currently/have been waiting for their ordered Glowforge - versus those who purchase on HSN and are supposed to receive theirs within days?

Thanks!

Well away from the TV & missed it. And it was the battery version Foil Quill pen pack on when I watched, and couldn’t resist it :star_struck:–after I verified it could work on leather… (which is why I haven’t tuned into a shopping network for a couple years!).

1 Like

HSN placed the order before you did? They waited until they had them in hand before doing the show? (Just a couple of reasons that I can think of offhand.)

1 Like

I never ever watch the HSN or infomercials… or go shopping… because I WILL BUY ALL THE THINGS

3 Likes