Glowforge losing power

So I’ve been having trouble cutting non proofgrade and I understand that non proofgrade can be tricky…I recently decided to do a smaller project and I had some Medium Draftboard scraps leftover from the welcome packet I got with the Glowforge. Proofgrade with the QR code still on the front. I popped a piece in there and set it to Medium Draftboard. This wont cut through either. The board is completely flat. Anyone have any ideas of what could be forcing this issue? Thank you in advance. - Steve

Are all of your optics and fans clean?

3 Likes

hey steve, welcome to the forum!
when was the last time you gave the printer head a cleaning, all the lenses, mirrors, etc?
that may fix the issue… also try doing a 'gift of good measure" on the proofgrade, did that work?
if it did, then its a setting.

let us know what happens!

Jonathan

I just took the fan off and cleaned it, I didn’t have a star key to get the cover off the fan but i was able to get in there and clean some gunk out. Going to give it a test now to see if that was the issue. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Cleaned the fan and all of the mirrors…still doesn’t cut through.

1 Like

lens? - remove it, clean it / mirror, lens on bottom (2 of em) side lenses (two of em)?
I’m being redundant I know, but just making sure.

did you run the gift of good measure?
how old is your unit?

:slight_smile:

Jonathan

How old is the machine? Does it come close to cutting through on Proofgrade or not? Picture?

1 Like

I got the cut to work! I believe it may have been the mirror in the back left corner of the machine. OR I also noticed that when I put the heads bottom mirror back with the blue tool, that i used the wrong end of the tool and the metal ring came off the tool and stayed on the mirror. I removed it and put it back in without the ring. Not sure how that would matter but nonetheless, It’s working again. Thank you everyone!

3 Likes

I did the same thing early on :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad you got it working

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.