Glowforge made a pop noise

I was using my Glowforge and it was working just fine then I heard a POP and it died and will not come back on. I checked the outlet it was plugged into and it’s working. No breaker was tripped. I’m at a loss. I purchased my machine less than a year ago. I’m sick over this as I don’t have the $ to replace it. Is there a fuse within the machine that I maybe need to replace?

Can you try to plug something else in to see if the plug is actually working? And, the plug/cord is universal. Can you find another one and see if it works?

1 Like

I tried plugging another item into the outlet and it worked. I can see if I have similar cord.

Ok, so i switched the cord from my USCutter vinyl cutter, was exactly the same as the Glowforge cord…still nothing.

I figured but hoped. Good luck-support will be along soon!

1 Like

Look around at the boards (back right, and left side) - that pop was likely something frying sadly, but figuring out which board might help. Take photos of all of them and post them here - or if you see one with damage post that.

I’m so sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge and that it no longer powers on. Thank you for letting us know what you’ve tried so far. Unfortunately your printer may need to be replaced. I’m going to close this ticket, and I’ll be in touch with you via email very soon with next steps.