Glowforge Map

hey folks, the map is publicly editable so please do be careful. It is easy to accidentally co-opt someone else’s pin or delete another persons.

Also being a shared resource there is the potential for saving collisions to cause someone to overwrite another but that should be rare.

Anyone against removing the data point in Antartica since none seems willing to claim it?

Really disappointed. We summer in Antarctica - we really hoping to have a Glowforge handy.

1 Like

no worries. if you’re claiming the point, I’ll move it to join the rest in the main data set, or you can. it’s drag and drop.

I was just being silly. I am not claiming the point. I mine is in Tucson

1 Like

Hey all you Austin, Texas area pins, @bailey mentions SXSW here:

First owner in Taiwan

3 Likes

Are there more users in Trondheim? It would be very exciting to establish contact between the few units that find their way out here. They might get lonely…

You’re about 20 minutes away (Needham) and often out by you for shopping obviously.

Needham here. There have to be more metro Boston folks given that we live in geek central!

1 Like

Our studio is in Saxonville (aka: north Framingham) - whoever gets their machine first coast a tour, deal?

Yeah. What do you do? I’m a doctor at BIDMC but do a lot of making (xcarve, big box 3D, etc) both for fun and medical device design.

I’m a designer/entrepreneur/maker-before-there-was-a-word-for-it. We have our own local manufacturing ‘brand’ with a studio in Saxonville. We do most of our 3D prototyping with our manufacturers (for practical reasons), but are building up our our in-house capabilities. Swing by some time if you’re out this way!

Same here! Indiana delegate to NYSC in 1979.

I added myself to Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.

I was at NYSC in 1993 - with Marissa Mayer! We’ve crossed paths a few time since then, it’s a small world.

I would not be surprised if more NYSC alumni were among those purchasing your wonderful product, as it was one of their posts that convinced me I had to get one.

@dan: Pin this thread please :slight_smile: I just came looking for it since I started checking out a job across the country and was curious if that would land me near a forge. Realized that it wasn’t already pinned for the first time.

3 Likes

Pinned!

2 Likes