Glowforge Map

Welcome to the community. Glad to have you in discussions.

1 Like

At least you are on the list now. Welcome.

1 Like

Hello Vern!
Welcome to the community! Being that you ordered a laser, you must be a crafty type. Dig up the “Show and Tell” thread and share with us!

2 Likes

I also got the pro. @vern, I like your analogy, my has always been. “if your going to the circus, go to the big tent”

I ordered mine around the 2 million dollar mark. i think.

When are you traveling? If you are coming from SD you might be traveling east on I-90 or hwy 14. If you hit hwy 14 stop at my place for lunch etc. Then you can take i-35 north to the cities. If the timing is right, perhaps @tbelhumer could swing over and I’ll fire up the grill and my new laser

3 Likes

Looks like someone popped up in Santa fe and alamogordo…we are growing in NM :smile:
Your corner is still pretty lonely though

While not quite the Dakotas, your post pushed me to finally drop my pin. I’m up in NW IA.

Awww come on man, once you get East of the Black Hills on I90 there’s Wall Drug, Pioneer Auto Museum in Murdo, Al’s Oasis in Chamberlain, Corn Palace in Mitchell, Falls Park in Sioux Falls and then… Minni-soh-tah, yeah I got nothing for you there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

:scream: Are you kidding? Mickey’s Diner - downtown St Paul. Best.Food.Ever! Open 24/7. Breakfast all day as a diner should. Old school stainless steel diner car nestled in between the skyscrapers (they refuse to sell out).

You know you’re in diner heaven when you see that the cook (who is right on the other side of the counter) has a bowl of about 10lbs of butter that he whacks hunks off of to hit the grill before putting your food on. Butter is goodness. (It’s slippery right? So when it hits your arteries it makes them slippery too! None of that cholesterol nonsense for me :grinning:)

And bacon. They make good bacon.

Fried in butter :wink:

3 Likes

Added to the map! There are lots of us here in the Pac NW! I wonder how the logistics of a Glowforge support group would work? We could get together at a local Makerspace to help each other out with designs, and actually use a laser of some kind while we wait patiently for our GFs!

Also, @dan we need you to have another open house!

July-ish. Not sure on precise dates or route yet. But I will try to remember to drop you a line when we head out to see about taking up the offer.

2 Likes

Stay active and become a regular. There are incredible people and surprises waiting for you!

1 Like
2 Likes

Try to let me know with a couple weeks advance notice, I’ll submit a vacation day request from my work.

How close are you to the Twin Cities? May tell my older brother (who we will be there to visit) that he has to come meet us at your place and give the game maps a nice playtest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just about an hour.

Added to the map, anyone else in LA or SFV feel free to ping me :slight_smile:

You can add me to the list! A little late, admittedly.

1 Like

Added myself in Victoria BC - looks like I’m the only the second one on the entire Island, at least who’s registered. Thanks for creating this map!

5 Likes

That’s awesome. I went to school like 2 hours from Victoria. :slight_smile:

It’s a pretty good place to be. I moved here years ago from ON and never
looked back.

1 Like