Glowforge Map

wow, there are a lot down there! I am in the North Bay, and wouldn’t mind meeting other like-minded people and steal their good ideas. I mean, not steal anything.

3 Likes

Yes, there are lots all around the SF Bay area. Seems like we could get together. - Rich

3 Likes

You obviously have a very high GPA!

Glowforges per Acre

9 Likes

I would say there will be GlowRages happening soon, but it is tough to press the button while holding the GF :glowforge: above your head…

5 Likes

Just added myself - Normandy Park, Washington. See another Glowforger to the north in Burien and to the south in Des Moines. Would be fun to meet up sometime.

Drew

2 Likes

Always nice to meet another Drew. Even from a couple states away. Well anyway hello from a Drew from Wyoming.

1 Like

Hello to you back. If you’re ever out my way, let me know!

Drew

1 Like

I figured I would bump this since we have a lot of activity today.

7 Likes

Seems to have been about a month anyone care to join us on the map?

3 Likes

And since a lot of folks are lazy, here is the link from the top of this Topic.

http://shor.tw/173

7 Likes

handy! in case people don’t know in other threads, you can easily jump to the top without scrolling either by clicking on the subject header (in this case the big ‘Glowforge Map’ next to the logo at the top of your screen) or by grabbing the message number bar at the top right and dragging it up.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t see this. Can you screenshoot it for me, or expand the place directions ?
Many thanks,
John
PS the first bit works fine, but I don’t see message numbers.

Might be a computer vs. a tablet/phone thing. This is from my PC.

1 Like

Sorry, rpegg, I didn’t make myself clear. I should have said I didn’t ‘understand’ this part of the advice, because I can’t see a message number bar on my laptop.
I assumed it was part of the glowforge window that I was missing.
I’m running Firefox in Ubuntu.

John

Even easier, you can just hit the HOME key on the keyboard.

john, it may be easier if you give us a screenshot of what you see. The message number bar is the widget on the far right of the screenshot from rpegg, with 311/312, Apr 11, 18m ago. Grab the blue bar by 311/312 and slide it up to the top to get to 1 (or slide partway to get anywhere else)

Aaaah.
Just spotted it on another thread - it’s the little blue vertical strip by the right hand side of the posts.
Must get some new glasses, and possible a new brain :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like someone nuked the map overnight.

Bummer. I hope that it just a glitch that can be recovered from.

if someone deleted the data set that’s a one way trip to gone unless @makerblock has a copy saved off on the google drive they’re kindly using to store the back end data.

I do have a copy (or rather a .gmap file) that I saved in late February with the path of the eclipse superimposed over it. I don’t think it has any actual data (it’s only 198 bytes), just pointers, but it does show all the little blue Gs, so I’m thinking the recent disappearance is a glitch that is recoverable. I don’t know that I’m free to share it since I’m not the originator of the map–best ask @makerblock.

1 Like