Glowforge Map

Yay @cynd11!

1 Like

Awwwww, shucks! The reason I saved the map is because of this posting:

I went ahead and did it back then but didnā€™t know if I should post it. So, sheer dumb luck I had it!

8 Likes

Removed my redundant keister. Thanks, @cynd11!

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing the icons @jkopel!

5 Likes

Iā€™m also in Haywardā€¦ itā€™ll be nice to meet sometime

Wow, NZ has at least seven :glowforge: owners now. Itā€™s suddenly feeling a lot less lonely down here!

2 Likes

Iā€™m still solo in the 4 Corners area. Guess Iā€™ll make a trip down to Albuquerque some time.

2 Likes

Albuquerqueā€™s mini-maker faire is coming up this summer. I am going to try to talk our kids into running a booth if we have the GF in time to register.

http://albuquerque.makerfaire.com/

3 Likes

Ooo that might be something Iā€™ll have to go to!

You should sneak your GF :glowforge: to the 4 corners intersect and lay claim 4 state coverage laserā€¦

Pictures will be required!

2 Likes

You know, Iā€™m pretty sure the marker for the intersect is technically in the wrong spot lol.

Youā€™re correct. Itā€™s a favorite spot for motorcycle rallies (the scavenger hunt variety, not the drunken bacchanalia type :slightly_smiling_face:) and someone always calls the rallymaster checking if they need to visit the marker or the real site.

The original state borders were on long/lat lines and should have been straight. They arenā€™t because of surveying done from the 1860s through early 1900s as the states became territories and then actual US states.

In 1925 the Supreme Court decided that the markers were official, not the definitions of the land grants that preceded. So itā€™s wrong but itā€™s right. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Looks like there are two of us in the New Orleans area!

Look to be a lot of people floating in the north Atlantic/Norwegian Sea. I wonder if someone randomly moved markers.

1 Like

i know thereā€™s at least one other customer here in town, as they commented on the fb group. i want to know who the spot is in kitchener (PLEASE BE GLOWFRIENDS WITH ME I PROMISE IM NOT AN AXE MURDERER)

4 Likes

Yep and we got a few new folks in NM (finally got the markers to show for me again)

I wish the Glowfolk in Lebanon and Springfield, MO would come out and play.

2 Likes

Seriously thinking about a trip to Bennett Springs next year to recapture childhood memories. Hopefully weā€™ll have a chance to meet and swap PRU storiesā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m just north at Lake Ozark. Would definitely connect.

Yes, Iā€™m surprised nobody in St Louis has expressed an interest in seeing my PRU. Guess nobody around here is on the forums.

2 Likes