Glowforge obtained last May stopped cutting thru materials; NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT

My GF+ just stopped cutting thru Frosted and black medium proofgrade acrylic. After working great. I routinely wipe the lenses and mirror with the recommended wipes.

Emailed support 2 days ago, no response which is very odd because at the very least I used to get a canned message that they were going to get back to me. Now no message at all.

I assume with the recent situation GF is short-staffed, but it would seem that the automated email reply should activate?

They might not have gotten your message. Posting here was the right thing to do in that case, since they will see it when they next check the forum.

Yeah, you should get an automated response almost immediately. There’s no human involved in that. Posting here will definitely open a ticket, however.

I dont like complaining here, but no canned message I thought the community should be aware.

1 Like

This is the right way to get their attention if email is not working for you.

…and nothing in your spam or promotions folder?

… also, as far as the actual issue goes, they will ask you to check everything on the official troubleshooting page for this problem. Support/Troubleshooting/Cut Didn’t Go Through Material. You can save time by checking all those things first.

sorry this is my 4th GF+ printer so I not new to this rodeo. Spam was checked as were all the other troubleshooting stuff.

In my area GF is advertising on TV, not just their website. Which means to me that they are selling this like it was a Toaster to the public. However, it doesn’t always work like a toaster. A GF goes well beyond a simple toaster, or a drill press or a table saw or a router. For widespread public consumption it better become far more reliable like a toaster or GF will get yelped to death!

I would not like to see that happen.

Oh no! It sounds like you’re not receiving our emails for some reason.

It looks like we tried to email you yesterday morning at about 8:20 am (Pacific time).

I’ve re-sent the email again as a test just now. Can you double-check once more to see if you received it.

We can continue to work from this forum post until we get the email issue sorted out.

Regarding the cut-through trouble

Can you post photos of the front and back of the prints you’re having trouble with, along with the approximate data and time. I’d be happy to check the logs and see what I can find.

I’d also love to see a photo of all your cleaned optics, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

It cracked as I tried to remove the pieces. Because parts cut through but not thru the backing paper and parts did not on the same piece. Since its acrylic I thought I could break it as a clean cut. It didn’t work.

Here on the Frosted the small squares did not cut thru even though I tried to re laser cut them.

Thanks for the photos! I also received your email, it looks like you found ours, that’s great!

The kerf (print line thickness) on that frosted acrylic looks a little thicker than I’d expect.

Now I’m extra curious to see the photos of your optics!

Once you send those over (you can post them here, or email us), I’ll take a look and determine next steps.

1 Like

See attached photos requested

It’s a little hard to be sure from these photos, but it looks like the magnet may have come off your lens tool, and become stuck to the top of your lens.

Can you check to see if there is an extra magnet tagging along?

If there is, can you try another test print once it’s removed?

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.