Thanks for following up to let us know that detail, and I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. I’m going to close this thread since you’re back up and printing, but so we can look into what happened in further detail, would you mind doing the following for me?
- Reboot your Glowforge once more and wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds
- Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
- Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
- Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
- A .zip file should download to your computer
- Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps. Thanks!