Glowforge on its way to France

Just got the customs fees email: 492 € - no one asked me if it was for personal or pro use, pity, I would have liked to ask the question! It’s a bit strange that we’re all getting slightly different charges for the same product and value… Here’s the breakdown, just in case anyone sees any variation in theirs…

NOTE: the total value used for calculation of all Duty-based fees is 0.00.
Government Charges: 474.00
Brokerage Charges: 15.00
Freight Charges: 0.00
T.V.A: 3.00
Total Due EUR: 492.00

Anyhoo, it’s much less than the 600+ that I had calculated at first, and the parcel should get here today so WOOOOHOOOO! :smile:

3 Likes

Hooray!!! Yeah the fees are weird. :woman_shrugging:

It’s here at last!!! And I can’t even unbox it as my husband is sitting an online exam on the table where the GF goes and I can’t even go in the office while he’s doing it (he’s watched via webcam during the exam) so my poor GF is stuck downstairs in its box… oh well, only half an hour to go…

5 Likes

The customs value is in $, so the exact amount will change a little according to the exchange rate on the day it is imported.

Oooh, torture! Hope you are setting it up now though!

Y’know that feeling when you’ve been wracking your brains over a riddle and someone points out the super obvious answer and you feel stupid?
That. :smile:

Yes, just setting up now, much bubbles and calibrating…

3 Likes

Yay! Congrats! :grinning:

So, here it is, in its new home (temporary for the moment, the room it will live in later is still being renovated)!

It took a while for it to cooperate, I kept getting calibrating and offline statuses but in the end I managed to produce the obligatory measury thingy.

And because by then it was late, and I was hungry, I picked the simplest of my stock of “for when it finally arrives” designs to print (this one was about 25 minutes). I designed this after having some guests staying for a few days and expressing confusion as to where the extra rolls were stored as they couldn’t see them in the crate. I need to find the right screws to fix it in place, and maybe age the wood a little, but I’m really pleased with the cutting and etching.

As one of my friends said “you’ve waited all this time and the first thing you make is for a box of toilet paper?” - well, yes, but it’s MINE :smiley:

11 Likes

Got to be one of the best first projects I’ve seen! :smile:

2 Likes

Haha thanks @Jules :wink:

2 Likes