Glowforge overheating on any engraves more than a couple of minutes

Everyday when I try and run a engraving project it overheats. I have cleaned it checked all fans and air assist. I need this fix add my business is stalled with orders because it won’t complete things. I even have a fan blowing towards the air assist to help. During cool down it will go to an extremely high pitched whirring sound and never actually cool down. I’ve lost multiple long projects because of this. I reached out in an email and the guy stopped talking to me even after re-emailing him! I’ve tried everything he has suggested and sent photos and he hasn’t responded all week. It’s getting frustrating not being able to use to my machine for engraving! I need hep fixing this!

Here are the operating temp ranges:

The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

If you are within those limits have you checked the following:

Air inlet under right side is not obstructed;
Air assist fan under gantry is blowing smoke toward the front of the unit when cutting;
Air exhaust fan is clean and running (unless turned off intentionally for filter)
Air exhaust fan is not turned off unless you have a running filter unit attached;
If you are using a filter make sure it is not full;
Exhaust grill is not obstructed;
Exhaust hose is not obstructed.

2 Likes

Yup I’ve done all of that, I’m venting out a window and using the inline fan. Outdoor temp is about 45 indoor is around 70 or a little lower where the machine is. I’ve cleaned and checked every vent and fan and all are clear. I have a fan blowing on the right side as well.

Well I’m sorry I couldn’t help. Someone from support will hopefully see this soon and they can check your logs.

On behalf of the team, I sincerely apologize for our slow reply.

I’ve just sent you an email with the next steps. We’ll continue to work on this with you there, so this post will be closed.