Glowforge Plus - Brand New - Never opened the box

Sometimes life throws you a fast ball when you’re looking for a curve. Bought this about 10 days ago and I haven’t even opened the box. Unfortunately, for reasons that I’m not going to explain because it hurts too much, I really lost my will to use it. It obviously is perfect and for $3000 it’s yours. If it needs shipped, I’ll split the cost with you or you can pick it up in Washington. Please text me at 509 701 1260 because I don’t check on here often. Thank you for your time and hopefully you’ll have it in time to make Christmas gifts for your friends and family.

If you contact support directly, you might be able to return it. Send an email to support@glowforge.com and let them know the circumstances.

And good luck.

11 Likes

Here is what I sent in.

I ordered a Glowforge from you about 10 days ago. Quite honestly, it is in Salt Lake and has been since Sunday held up by a snow storm so obviously, I haven’t opened it. Last Friday, it was confirmed that my young son had leukemia and I’ve lost my will to do anything right now. When I heard those words, my priorities kind of changed. I put an add on the Glowforge community site to see if I could sell it and received an email from Jules that I should contact you and see if you would allow me to return it at my expense or if you could get ahold of FedEx and divert it back to the shipping location. I know it’s a long shot but I thought I would ask. Either way, hope all of you at Glowforge have a wonderful holiday season and thank you for your consideration.

Bill Sieveke

8 Likes

My heart breaks. I know the return is the least worry that you have right now.

I’ll say a prayer for your son’s recovery/remission. May you have a Christmas miracle.

7 Likes

Thank you for your help. I know it’s a long shot.

4 Likes

I think a return would be your best monetary decision.

From the terms (Glowforge Terms of Purchase and Service | Glowforge)

Unopened Glowforge Basic, Plus, Pro, or Compact Filter package(s) within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 10% restocking fee.

5 Likes

What do I need to do.

jbmanning5 Regular
December 4
I think a return would be your best monetary decision.

From the terms (https://glowforge.com/terms)

1 Like

You’re good. You sent an email into support so that should effectively open up a ticket and get the ball rolling.

I wouldn’t hesitate to actually contact FedEx yourself and see if you can initiate a return to shipper (or refuse delivery) so that you don’t have to worry about waiting for a scheduled pickup, taking it to a drop off location, etc.

4 Likes

How do I open a ticket

1 Like

If you have emailed support you have opened a ticket and they will get back to you as soon as they can. Just hang tight and they will be able to assist you.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your help. You have no idea how much that means to me.
Bill

5 Likes

Hard to ‘like’ any of your posts. Hope you don’t mind that your son and family will be in my thoughts.

2 Likes

bill I am so sorry to hear this. Please look into St. Jude’s in Memphis, TN for treatment for your son.

I am so very sorry to hear about your son. I hope treatment goes well and he responds quickly!

1 Like

Good luck Bill. I hope things turn around for you and your son makes a miraculous recovery.

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishing

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.