Glowforge Plus, Will not go past preparing the materials

We are using proof grade material and trying to print the first ever print- The good measure ruler. The internet connection seems to be strong, it will scan the materials, once we go to print the screen will come up and am able to hit the cancel button if I wanted too. It does not show a time and eventually closes out and back to square one…

First attempt prompts me to address a possible fix.
Make sure it is in an area that is useful.
The highlight changes as you move it away from the unobtainable areas.
There are rather large segments (edges) of the material you can SEE but cannot laser on.

Another tip - give a time and date stamp to efforts and they can examine the event from their end. Since this is your only attempt, it is probably not required, but worth a mention.

3 Likes

@brokendrum has a good idea…make sure the design is not placed over the gray striped bars on the screen.

I’m so sorry that this was your first experience.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

How much does internet come into play. I’m using hotspot from my phone is there a chance is not a strong enough connection?

Stability is more important than speed.

We have Wi-Fi being installed friday so hopefully that will fix the issue

Still will not print!!! This is so frustrating. Our Wi-Fi is working there is no issue. Would really like to be able to use the machine that we spent so much money on :disappointed:

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.