Glowforge Plus wont recognize "Thick walnut Hardwood"

Hello:

My new machine recognizes the other materials in the starter pack, but it will not recognize “thick walnut hardwood”.

There is not even an option when I type this in.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I don’t think there is a thick version of any of the hardwood options. I think the thick and medium are only the plywood, acrylic, and draftboard. I could be wrong, but I have never seen a thick hardwood option in the store.

1 Like

Welcome.

1 Like

this small piece of walnut was in my starter pack, and the machine won’t recognize it

1 Like

This is a new one for me. When the machine doesn’t recognize a material, simply click on the “unknown” tab and type in and choose thick walnut hardwood.

I didn’t know they had thick hardwoods either – is it actually 1/4" thick? You’re right, there isn’t an option for it in the interface.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s approximately.24” thick

Cool! You got something new! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So new it is not for sale or has a Proofgrade set of rules :exploding_head: You Are really Special!! :thinking:

1 Like

Support may be able to clarify, but there have been instances where unusual materials have been delivered, or settings shown up in the UI for generally non-existent materials. There’s obviously ongoing testing/improvements we are typically not exposed to, but occasionally an owner might accidentally be assigned or sent something.

Hold onto it - it might be worth something in a few hundred years! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You might want to post a photo of the end edges of the wood too, to see if it is actually hardwood or maybe mislabeled plywood. (I hope it is hardwood, 1/4" would be great to have.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You can get Walnut from traditional wood suppliers but it gets really expensive the thicker and wider you go. It’s a domestic product, but a premium material.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble while using the app. I see you’ve already emailed us about this, and we’ve sent you a response there, so I’m going to close this thread.