Glowforge Pro homing issue, I hear a thud sound

Hi. I’m seeing something troubling with the glowforge. when it goes through it’s set up procedure, it returns to home position with a thud. Which makes the laser tube assembly go askew when you look straight down at it. This never happened before. I’v been running the machine for about 3 weeks now. HELP

Something for you to check…

5 Likes

Hi Jules, thanks for the reply. I found the red cable and did notice it looped so it was getting caught on the heat sink, I gently took the slack out of the cable by pulling it to the right of the tube, this took he slack out and restarted the laser, it went to home position without a thud this time. Thanks again, and if you’re ever in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, beer is on me.

12 Likes

Fantastic! (Glad that was it…it only happens on the Pro models, so you mentioning which one you had up front helped to point to the solution!) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you hit this snag.

It looks like the amazing advice from @Jules resolved the trouble you were running into. I’m glad to hear that your Glowforge is now back up and printing properly. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any trouble.

I’ll also follow up via email, and close this topic.

1 Like