Glowforge Pro Making an odd sound

Hello!

So I noticed an issue with my machine making an odd sound today…

During prints, there is an clank sound coming from the back right side of the Glowforge from time to time, its not dire but it is new.

ALSO and more disturbing, when prints are done or canceled, the back left side make a terrible grinding sound, the button flashes orange for a moment then it stops.

I clean the machine regularly, including the fan on the back left to keep it clear of debris, and that fan is running just fine carrying out smoke and such.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

It might be a good thing if you can shoot a short video of that with your iphone and post it on Youtube so folks can see what’s going on.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Like @Jules suggested, can you take a video of the sound and motion and post it hear so I can take a look?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread. @castman1, have you had a chance to capture the video so we can investigate further?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.