Glowforge Pro physically not square

Anybody else receive a unit that is off by about 1/32"? Have to wrack the unit frame to close the door.

I had to put a piece of PG Medium Draftboard under the right front corner to get the lid to close flush.

1 Like

Quite a few threads and posts in this category mention this. Here’s one of the latest official responses from GF Support:

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer! I searched for “square” and didn’t see anything relevant.

I have tried everything, the lid grinds, and there is about a .25 gap on the left that billows smoke despite a hardy exterior exhaust fan. I leveled my tabletop a few times and it is absolutely flat.

also in adjusting any corner, the lid always grinds on the right, and doesn’t lay completely flat (bows up in the center, about where the camera unit is.

is there some kind of silicone sealing I can put around the edges of the lid opening? or does it need this air space?

and no, I cannot see the laser directly, but I can definitely see through the gap into the machine.

but the smoke! why can’t the crumb tray be open on the bottom or sides, to act as a downdraft table for the items being cut?

1 Like

Just an off-chance suggestion…inspect the hinges on the very back of the lid. I had a PRU that had an issue where the glass started coming away from the hinge on the left side and caused the lid to rise above the side piece enough to give me pause. I eventually had to return the unit. There have been a few issues where newly delivered units had a similar problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, all! @matt12, could you please let me know if these suggestions helped?

@catvcanary, we try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. Can you create a new post with this question?

I’m eyeballing a better table on the other side of the workshop to see if that will correct the issue. I can report that the lid tightness doesn’t appear to impact the laser performance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. Did using the other table help? If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

Yeah I think it’s all sorted. Thanks!